Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blue Birds in Flight Dress

Hello, hello! Unfortunately, I will be taking a break from sewing for a while. I will not have a a sewing machine at my disposal for a while but before that happens here is my latest dress design. The design is based off of a dress I took apart for the fabric.  It features 100% cotton fabric, a smocked back, sweetheart neckline, and adjustable straps.









I found the original dress at Kohl's and fell in love with the fabric. While creating the pattern for the smaller dress, I referenced American Girl's Molly's Birthday dress to figure out the paneling on the bodice, the hair ribbon was borrowed from Samantha's Cranberry Holiday dress, and the necklace and boots came from Saige's Sparkle dress. 



SO Chambray Sleeveless Dress


2 comments:

  1. I adore this as I have the dress myself!
    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Thats awesome! And thank you.

    I wanted one for myself but couldn't find my size from what was left.

    ReplyDelete